Prev: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re: Next: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

From: Eric Foley <stiltman@t...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 11:01:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [GZG] a peek from FT3 on fighters/ordnance (was: Re:

>From: Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com>
>And CIDS would be the new "point" defense. :-)

I've actually been finding myself calling it a "lightning shield",
because it reminds me greatly of a system by that name from the old
Master of Orion games, and conceptually it also makes more sense to me
in that kind of a vein.  i.e. a violent, active shield that would
destroy some significant fraction of the small objects that went through
it but had no effect on energy weapons, and due to its nature it can't
be used to help other ships.

Two extra questions.  One, what about heavy fighters?  The way I'm
looking at this, I think that main weapons should be unaffected against
them, PDS are reduced to one fewer small target die against them but the
to-hit number is unchanged, while lightning shields are reduced by -1
against them.  The other is, what about plasma bolts?  Does the defense
change against those at all?  Lightning shields, I'm thinking it should
be roll the to-hit and each shield reduces the plasma by one class, and
after that it's up to your PDS/scatterguns.