Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:05:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1

> I had a thought while reading TomB's post.  Maybe this has been
> thought of before, maybe not.  Seems that part of the problem is that
> tons of fighters vs not tons of PDS gives the fighters a HUGE impact
> on the battle.  Can the problem be resolved by toning down the effect?

No, because that's only half the problem.

The other half of the problem is that it doesn't take all that much
extra in
PDS to make fighters impotent.

It's a curve, with the sweet spot *almost* where the FB designs reside.
Most
of the fixes suggested simply shift the curve one way or another, but
don't
do anything about the steepness of the curve.

There are a couple of solutions devised by the playtest group, but they
haven't received an official sanction lo these many years since they
first
appeared, nor are they universally accepted.

Those of us who need a cohesive rule book and prefer a fix to the
problem in
order to recruit the local players find the situation... frustrating.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1 Next: Re: [GZG] FT:XD changes, part 1