Prev: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute Next: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:33:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute

> This does beg the slightly OT question, how easy is it to make 15mm
> terrain? I am an old hand at 28mm terrain but even 20mm has scared me
off in
> the past – I think one word 'bricks' will explain why though of late
I have
> been dabbling with brick textured plastic card with mediocre results
– still
> better than expected and good enough. You do not need bricks for SF
either
> which is nice.

There are several companies that make historical buildings in 15mm.

There are a number of companies making 15mm cardstock buildings,
including
damaged buildings. If you play around with cardstock buildings, you can
also
take larger scales and shrink them during the printing process.

If you want to go the scratch built route, N scale is a little on the
small
size, but N scale tend to look about right (maybe slightly big) for the
ground scale, depending on the rules, of course. I actually liked the
effect, but some people might be put off.

The biggest issue with 15mm is a dearth of science fiction buildings.

--
Allan Goodall		 http://www.hyperbear.com
awgoodall@gmail.com

Prev: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute Next: Re: [GZG] New Toys for Salute