Prev: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Next: Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)

Re: [GZG] Fiction -

From: tagalong@c...
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 10:52:14 +1100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Fiction -

You can paint in this heat, well done to Derek, Even with the aircon at
freezing the the northern
hemisphere piants dryout way to quick to paint, and dont even try the
Army pianter dip method,
cause that just dry's out way to quick to get the value for money out of
it.

I did use the dip method for my Lord of the rings plastics and my  mates
LOTR metals, I used
the cabbots wood stain rich walnut, and then finnised by dulling it down
with Wattle estapol matt
varnish, so $ 25au should see you right for a couple of hundred figures,
but most importantly it
doesnt dryout as quick as army painter pro.

Just remember if you ever use the dip method, that after you dip wait
24hrs to dry then do any
highlights then flat coat varnish over the top to finnish.

DONT DO WHAT I DID AND DIPPED 150 ACW PERRY PLASTICS THEN LEFT THEM FOR
4 MONTHS,
as when you go to highlight the paint will roll over the figure like
water, I was not happy to find
this out the hard way, the flat coat will go on just as good and dull
the figure but you wont be
able to put any new power of the firgure at all.

I will soon be doing my NSL fleet in the dip method as the piant has
worn on some of the edges
and they need some TLC.

But hopefully I can get my 25mm Stargrunt ESU done asap useing the dip
method, Im doing
them in a dun colour, that way I can use them as Draconis Combine for
Battletech.

regards james

Prev: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Next: Re: [GZG] Encyclopedia Galactica, (was Our Re: Fiction -)