Prev: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B) Next: [GZG] Painfully Realistic Vector Movement

Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

From: Robert Mayberry <robert.mayberry@g...>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:40:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance (Tom B)

LOL the chocolates in the tutorial I thought were really clever. I
laughed out loud when I read them. Three cheers for operant
conditioning!

Actually, I appreciate Ken maintaining such a strong online presence
(much as I appreciate Jon staying so close to his customers). And, if
you have a rules question, you could do a lot worse than to look in a
mirror and say "Ken Burnside" three times. :)

One thing that will keep me coming back to FT, though, is its
simplicity and playability. I would love to see a reaction-drive tweak
for FT that is compatible with AV:T / THS physics, and I've been
kicking around a generalized weapons system that would eliminate some
of the "win the battle in drydock" effects, but I'd hate to kill the
simple elegance of the rules.

Rob

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> Really, do have a look first, and preferably in a demo by fan boys.
Rather