Prev: [GZG] Stargate Shields Next: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Fighting Through

Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:25:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

Here's how I see the problem with your approach to vector mechanics
working.

Suppose I have a thrust 4 ship and that it is currently facing it's
target. I want to introdce some lateral movement on bearing 270 to my
current heading.

As I understand it, I write orders turn left 90, thrust 2 turn right
90%. I then execute my move and move 2 units to the left and end up
back facing my opponent in time to fire in the fire phase. This assumes
that you turn instantly but that thrusting takes all the move duration

In your scenario I have spent the majority of my turn facing away from
my opponent so my front arc weapons should contribute no firepower and
that I need to engage with starboard arc weapons only.

Not sure if this is what you are describing

Prev: [GZG] Stargate Shields Next: Re: [GZG] Fiction - Fighting Through