Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance

Re: [GZG] Monster ships - missile costs

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:34:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships - missile costs

a simple question about costs is more complex in a game like FT than
might be expected.

It depends on what rules you are using and whether you are using vector
or cinematic movement or not. It probably also depends on whether you
use only fleet book ships or whether you use home brew ships as well. It
also depends on whether you use terrain in your games and whether you
have a fixed or rolling table.

In my gaming groups experience, heavy missiles were found to be more
effective than Salvo missiles, so we made a decision to improve Salvo
missiles. We also created a new class of missile weapons that we calle
standard missiles, smaller in size 2 endurance 2d3 damage and mass one
in a rack.

All our missiles move like fighters so can move 24mu in any direction in
arc.

In the end we were happy with the balance we achieved.

Other gaming groups will have made different assumptions and drawn
different conclusions about the value and effectiveness of the weapons.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] FT Vector: Alternative Fire Resolution Distance