Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Re: [GZG] Monster ships

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:38:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

with converting FT to simulate ship classes and speeds. In FT it is
possible with an open table (ie one that keeps rolling) rather than a
fenced arena a battlship can have thrust 4 and can easily be as
manouverable as a cruiser so it can sail away and maintain the range.

In FT you would need a more complex engine formula that is say engine
mass = thrust * mass^1.5 so that it's harder to produce high thrust
capital ships...

Generally if the two fleets start moving towards each other it makes
long range weapons very limited in utility. The weight of fire from
massed beam twos is much more useful than a few long range dice.