Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

Re: [GZG] Monster ships

From: Robert Makowsky <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:49:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Monster ships

----- Original Message ----
From: Oerjan Ariander <orjan.ariander1@comhem.se>
To: gzg-l@mail.csua.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tue, January 5, 2010 12:59:30 PM

>...in Vector. In Cinematic, the B2 is better unless your gaming table
is pretty big and/or your ship both is big >enough to have lots of DCPs
to repair thresholded batteries with and has enough time to repair
anything before >it is destroyed...

>As long as you can keep the range open, yes. If the enemy manages to
close the range though, you risk >trading a dozen beam dice or so in
your opening salvo for the enemy's two dozen extra dice up close...
again >a table size + movement system thing.

This makes me think that FT can do Ship combat quite well.  It sounds
exactly like the range bands of Cruisers and such from late 1800s
through 1940s.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Monster ships Next: Re: [GZG] Monster ships