Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box Next: [GZG] I'm commissioning this guy to make my next FT fleet

Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box

From: Sylvester Wrzesinski <xveers@g...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:31:24 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box

For those wanting to see the fansubs (they HAVE been working on them) in

their non-grainy glory go to http://a.scarywater.net/ca/ for the torrent

files.

Additionally, they still haven't been officially released in North
America. The idea was floated with an online petition regarding the cost

of the full series, but IIRC the entire idea died then and there.

Personally, I have sets 1-7 of the Wright Staff stuff (no, not Stuff.
Staff) as well as a few yellow sub bits, and the quality is night and
day. The castings are excellent, the paint jobs are crisp and nicely
detailed and perhaps would only need some delicate touchup if anything.

The reason I don't support Zandris on this is because his ships will
sadly be out of scale with the Wright Staff and Yellow sub models by a
good ways, which isn't something that makes me overly happy. Had he done

a scale that matched up with the Imperial Battleship I would be happily
throwing him plenty of cash. Oh well...

Doug Evans wrote:
> Most everything out of Japan seems to be; I got a bunch of the Konami
Star
> Trek stuff that wasn't, but that seemed the exception that proved the
rule.

> LoTG was a long time cult classic, only available on grainy VHS with
> fan-supplied subtitles, shown at college club functions. Then, the
Chinese
> bootlegs showed, with 'all your base are belong to us' level of
dialog. I
> think you can still find these on eBay, but be forewarned.
>
> When the official-for-English videos came out, I saw the prices and
just
> stood there with my jaw on the floor. *sigh*
>
> We fans are a long suffering lot.
>
> The_Beast

For