Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box

Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:40:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] LoGH Battleship Collection: Complete Box

Most everything out of Japan seems to be; I got a bunch of the Konami
Star
Trek stuff that wasn't, but that seemed the exception that proved the
rule.

LoTG was a long time cult classic, only available on grainy VHS with
fan-supplied subtitles, shown at college club functions. Then, the
Chinese
bootlegs showed, with 'all your base are belong to us' level of dialog.
think you can still find these on eBay, but be forewarned.

When the official-for-English videos came out, I saw the prices and just
stood there with my jaw on the floor. *sigh*

We fans are a long suffering lot.

The_Beast

  From:       emu2020@comcast.net

  To:	      gzg-l@gateway.csua.berkeley.edu

  Date:       08/26/2009 12:04 PM

  Sent by:    gzg-l-bounces@gateway.csua.berkeley.edu

Ah, you are right. Never bothered to look at the manufacturers. LoTG is
an
expensive series to get into. Even the DVDs for ths series are pretty
out
there!

Thanks,

Gzg-l mailing list