Prev: [GZG] What works at conventions Next: Re: [GZG] What works at conventions

Re: [GZG] What works at conventions

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:00:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] What works at conventions

> Hey Y'all,
> I am refereeing a Full Thrust bit at MAG-Con in December (
> http://mag-con.com/) and was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints
> about what type (or how big) of scenarios that I should run? Should I
use
> FT2 for new comers, or try my hand at the new FT2.5 intro scenario, or
> something completely different?
>
> And do' s or don'ts?

First: stick with what you *know*. Don't try to bring into play new
stuff
you're not versed in, or you'll find yourself looking up the rules to
settle
a question more often than not (it's okay to look up rules - esp because
memory and written words don't *always* match - but it is best is to try
and
keep it to a minimum when possible). That said, probably better to do
the
2.5 stuff as that's more 'standard' now than FT2 (but YMMV depending on
the
group playing). And you've got a few months to practice getting
reasonably
versed in 2.5.

Playtest, playtest, playtest ahead of time. Make sure your scenario is
balanced.

You could look over the GZG ECC website's historical section, look and
see
what FT scenarios different people have run over time, then plug them
and
ask how they ran and for other feedback on them. Jon Davis has run the
Estrell Academy Cruiser Duel, but it's more about individual ships, not
fleet action.

I've a series of scenarios 1/3 of the way down this page:
http://indy-adventures.net/full-thrust/full-thrust.html

Mind you, they are not all fully balanced, nor are they all good for
convention gaming.

(though I just noticed the URL is broken; I'll have to fix that this
wknd
:-/ ).

Anyway, some initial thoughts.

Mk

Prev: [GZG] What works at conventions Next: Re: [GZG] What works at conventions