Prev: Re: [GZG] I've been trumped... Re: Just a test.... Next: Re: [GZG] HST Ultra Deep Field video

[GZG] HST Ultra Deep Field video

From: Tom B <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 01:15:11 -0400
Subject: [GZG] HST Ultra Deep Field video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVjF_7ensg

Next time you need to align your sense of your own importance, this
video should help. Hubble has once again given us perspective on our
place in the universe.

1E19 suns in the universe (est).
Furthest galaxy 4.7E7 light years away, receding faster than light.
1E11 galaxies in the universe (est).

Our sun is one in ten quintillion other suns. We're one in six billion
humans thereon. Try to even vaguely appreciate how small we are.

Carl Sagan, you've got to be right. Douglas Adams, you have no idea
how right you were.

--
http://ante-aurorum-tenebrae.blogspot.com/
http://www.stargrunt.ca

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a
precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of
liberty quits the horizon." -- Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] I've been trumped... Re: Just a test.... Next: Re: [GZG] HST Ultra Deep Field video