Prev: Re: [GZG] Integral Armour Next: Re: [GZG] Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?

Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 04:08:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak

--- On Thu, 5/21/09, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com>
> Subject: [GZG] 'Belt Armour' a la Kravak
> To: gzg-l@lists.csua.berkeley.edu
> Date: Thursday, May 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
> J L Hilal said:
>  If you want the full effects, I can post them.
>
> Tomb replied:
>   Yes please.

OK.

Integral Armor: (Assumes either screens available up to class 3 or not
used at all, e.g. B5, BSG)

Class 1: MASS = 5% TMF, min. 4 MASS
Class 2: MASS = 10% TMF, Min. 8 MASS
Class 3: MASS = 15% TMF, Min. 12 MASS

PV = MASSx5 (4 or 4.5 might be OK, but I chose to err on the side of
overpriced rather than underpriced)

SSD symbol: A row of Octogons with the letter "A" in each, placed above
the hull structure block.  One octogon for each level of Integral Armor.

Threshold Rolls: Each time the ship takes a threshold check, roll once
for the Integral Armor, regardless of level.  A failed roll reduces the
IA class by 1.	IA is not repairable by DCPs during a game.  Repair
requires a repair ship or yard on a campaign game scale.

Game effects:
* Beam Battery type weapons (which roll beam dice, including Human Beam
Batteries, Phalon Pulsars, and SV Stingers) treat IA as the same level
of screens.  If re-rolls represent additional hits, then IA affects them
fully.	If re-rolls represent secondary explosions and/or internal
cascade damage, then IA has no effect.

* MKP, UNSC Beta ER Beam Cannon (I really hate the "G" word), and other
physical or energy weapons using beam die mechanic to cause multiple
hits doing more than 1-point each, unless described as causing K-gun
hits:  subtract IA level from each hit regardless of the fixed value or
number of dice rolled.	No effect on number of hits.  If beam die
re-rolls represent additional hits, then IA affects them fully.  If
re-rolls represent secondary explosions and/or internal cascade damage,
then IA has no effect.

* K-Guns: Subtract IA level from K-Gun class before figuring target
number for doubling.  Subtract IA level from total damage done after
doubling.  Just as K-Guns have a maximum chance to double of 5 out of 6,
there is also a minimum of 1 in 6 (but IA can still cause the damage of
a doubled hit to be reduced to 0.

* KV Scatterguns, Scatterpacks (and other physical weapons using beam
die mechanic to cause many 1-point hits):  treat as beam di(c)e vs
screens for figuring number of hits causing damage.  Option no effect on
number of hits, but each hit is treated as a class 1 K-Gun.

* EFSB Heavy Beams:  Subtract IA level from each hit, regardless of the
number of dice rolled.	E.g. three projectors each firing one die would
subtract IA from each die.  One projector firing three dice subtracts IA
level once for the entire hit.

* PTorps, Missiles (SMs, MTMs), SV Lance pods, and other point-target
weapons doing full dice damage: Subtract IA level from each hit,
regardless of the number of dice rolled.  E.g. three hits each doing one
die would subtract IA from each die.  One hit doing three dice subtracts
IA level once for the entire hit.

* Area effect weapons (Phalon Plasma Bolts, EFSB Energy Mines, Wave
guns, nova cannon, Beta test ATM):  Subtract IA level from each die, to
a minimum of 0 per die.  E.g. three plasma bolts each doing one die
would subtract IA from each die.  One plasma bolt doing three dice also
subtracts IA level from each die, but no die reduced below 0.

* Weapons rolling regular dice to cause multiple 1-point hits:	Subtract
IA level from each die, to a minimum of 0 hits per die.  Option no
effect on number of hits, but each hit is treated as a class 1 K-Gun.

A setting using Integral Armor needs to adjust the value of
screen-skipping weapons.  K-Guns and MKP can simply reduce cost from
4/MASS to 3/MASS.  Human screen-skippers such as PTLs and SMs are more
difficult to adjust (2.5/MASS?, 2/MASS?, increase range?).

Another option is to recalibrate the beam die vs screen/armor scale to
six levels (0-5) instead of four levels (0-3), then increase the
accuracy of screen-skippers to balance.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Integral Armour Next: Re: [GZG] Screens versus Advanced Screens in Cross Dimensions?