Prev: [GZG] Transhuman Space Next: Re: [GZG] Transhuman Space

Re: [GZG] Space Terrain

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 17:03:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain

Tom B wrote on 05/08/2009 10:00:45 AM:

> Any others I missed?

Extra-system, but so are nebula, are possible Oort Clouds. I believe
incredibly diffuse, but, over a sphere one third the distance to closest
neighbor system, a heck of a lot of mass. Anything recent about our own?
Evidence-inferred extra-Solar Oorts? (Sorry, having difficulty with
proper
markings; apologies to the good Professor).

Indy said in a note I'm too lazy to create a 'wrote on' ref:
  >> Local conditions, while age-of-the-galaxy rare for a Star
  >> Wars version, can vary, and other world systems are proving
stranger
  than
  >> our current experience.
  >>
  >> I accept denser populations than we currently experience as a real
  >> possibility, and worth modelling.
  >
  >I think we come back to the earlier discussion about just because
  >we don't know for sure that something is impossible, doesn't mean
  >that we can throw in anything we want if we want to aim for realism.

  See, not really, as Nemesis was exactly the model of a kind of 'local
  condition' that might well concentrate bodies in a 'swarm' ; a
collision
  of a couple of streams of bodies should be able to create a fairly
dense
  and chaotic area for a short time as well. Definately different from
that
  previous discussion, my reply to which I decided to send to draft as
the
  dreary thread would have just dragged on.

  The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] Transhuman Space Next: Re: [GZG] Transhuman Space