Prev: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain Next: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain

[GZG] Transhuman Space

From: Derek Rogillio <derek@r...>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 11:57:43 -0400
Subject: [GZG] Transhuman Space

For those of you who suggested Transhuman Space in a previous thread,
thank you.  What a fantastic setting!  I ended up purchasing all of
the supplements, most of which are out of print, and have read through
half of them at this point.  I am really happy with it and am already
starting to think about putting together some games.

The ground based games for this setting are easy.  Both Stargrunt and
Dirtside would be appropriate and coming up with figures from a
variety of manufacturers would not be a problem at all.  If a
reasonably recent version of FMA Skirmish would be released to the
unwashed such as I, I'd even be happy to buy some GZG figures and put
together something in 25mm.  The GZG line, both on 25mm and 15mm,
would be perfect for this!  That's a rant for another day though.

It's the space-based games that are problematic on how to put together
a game.  From what I can tell, it seems that the scale of Silent
Death/Warhounds appears to fit the genre more so than Full Thrust.
For example, in the Transhuman Space setting a representative
"capital" ship (the SDV 90) is 375' long by 50' wide.	It has a crew
of 32 with the capacity to carry an additional 12 soldiers.  It
includes 8 heavy laser towers, 4 fixed lasers, 10 light lasers, 3
coilguns, and a particle accelerator in a pear tree.  It can carry six
internal Autonomous Kill Vehicles (AKV) which are essentially AI
piloted fighters that are 37.5' in length with the ability to carry an
additional four external to the hull.

It would seem that Full Thrust would need to be scaled down to this
level.	I think of this size of ship as more of a corvette with a
small group of individual escort fighters.  Has anyone already blazed
this path?

Also, any recommendation on ship models would be helpful.  The size of
the ships are smaller than other settings and most ships are cylinders
or spheres with, potentially, folding wings that could easily be
modeled afterward.   Something along the lines of the ships from 2010
would be just about perfect.

-Derek

Prev: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain Next: Re: [GZG] Space Terrain