Prev: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 22:05:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

Just to be contrary, which Allan is pretty much used to in me, I see far
more original FTII rules being used at most small cons. However, I'd
recommend the first Fleet book as you've described liking the six fire
arcs.

By 'show the local gaming community', I assume this will be introductory
most of the folk. Very sensible to keep it simple without fighters.
However, if you're filling the whole slot with multiple games, you might
consider the first part being simple meeting battles. They are the
simplest, but are TOO boring repeatedly for some folk. Following up with
more nuanced scenario keeps folk realizing possibilities, something that
happens all too seldom here.

By the by, if you try going with Hugh Fisher's new rewrite, please DO
let
us know how it goes!

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?