Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

[GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

From: Wilper <wilper@g...>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 22:11:00 +0200
Subject: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?

Hi,

I am new on the list, and new to the GZG games in general.  I consider
running a smaller Full Thrust event at a local con and have some
questions.  If such matters are beyond the scope of the mailing list I
apologize.

I came across Full Thrust by chance while looking at games at BGG.  I
have been playing a bit at home, had a great time and want to show the
game to the local gaming community.

I have a six hour slot at the con, no need to fill the entire slot
with a single major battle though, if we can play multiple games that
is fine too.

The scenario "The attack on convoy 990" in the Full Thrust rule book
looks like it could be a suitable scenario. There is a clear end
point, and no risk of the game just drawing on and ending in a stale
mate. And I can scale it up or down  easily depending on interest, I
plan on splitting the ships between interested players so that
everyone gets to be captain on two or three ships each. I'll stay away
from fighters, since I'll have to play with proxies, and have no
suitable ones for fighters, also they seem to make the game twice as
difficult to learn/teach.

And these are my questions:

What version of the rules is the proper one? I have downloaded pretty
much everything from the GZG site and googled a bit but I can't figure
out which rules to play by. I like the cinematic movement system and
the six-arc fields of fire.  But it would be nice to play with the
"recommended" rules.

Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on my chosen scenario and
setup?

Best regards
wilper

Prev: Re: [GZG] GZG 8 Wheelers Next: Re: [GZG] Running Full Thrust at a con?