Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:05:21 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

>I haven't read it but from the blurbs I'm reading it looks alot like a
>fancied up Shaper/Mechanist universe (the Schizmatrix Plus collection
>has the whole series in one volume). Which would be great for a RPG, a
>dream for hard sci fi, but terrible for GZG-style military gaming as
>conventional warfare is non-existent.

Transhuman Space certainly takes some themes from the Shaper/Mechanist
universe, but conventional warfare still exists. Earth hasn't been
ruined and has enough nation-states and rival power blocs for the
occasional war.

In space there aren't enough warships for GZG style major fleet
actions, but there's certainly potential for half a dozen a side
battles between any of the major fleets.

And to repeat what others have said, it's a well worked out setting
that's an interesting read even if you don't like GURPS.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game