Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 01:05:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 04:20:04PM -0700, Brian Burger wrote:

>Is the Transhuman Space universe based on a series of novels I've
>missed, or was it created specially as a gaming universe?

It was created specifically for gaming - some novels are mentioned in
the bibliographies, but the putting it all together is all down to David
Pulver and the other game authors. There are some leakages, but it does
its best to be SF consistent with physical law as we now know it.

I'm a big fan of the setting - I think of it as "cyberpunk, all grown
up" - and have run a campaign in it (see the tekeli.li site).

Prev: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game Next: Re: [GZG] First Sci-Fi Game