Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew..... Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

From: Evyn MacDude <infojunky@c...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 23:40:27 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Change to 15mm Free Trader Crew.....

e I did say I was being pendantic..... So please approach with the humor
that is intended.....

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 21:49, Allan Goodall <agoodall@hyperbear.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Evyn MacDude <infojunky@ceecom.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Er, Not for Traveller, the 15mm release of figures for Traveller far
out
> > number the 25mm or 28mm releases.
>
> Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. (I only have, oh, about 200 or so 15mm
> Traveller figures...)
>
> > And being that Traveller is the defacto Standard of SF-Roleplay You
> > statement is a reach.....
>
> Oh, I think that's debatable. I'd be willing to bet that the various
> flavours of Star Wars

Damn-it Allen I said Science Fiction, not fantasy..... Star Wars doesn't
count as SF.....

> And It wouldn't surprise me if the Star Wars figures -- mostly the
> collectible ones, with the close tie in to Star Wars D20 and,
> especially, Star Wars Saga Edition -- have out sold Traveller's
> unpainted metal figures, and that's not including the bare metal Star
> Wars figures from West End Games' run. The Star Wars figures are
> around 25mm.

I prefer the Westend figures as they where closer to 25mm and thus a
reasonable scale. The plasics from hasbro don't really match any other
lines....

Regardless, the vast majority of roleplayers game in 25mm.

Yes, and the vast majority are playing Fantasy also, which 25/28mm is a
reasonable size...

> Traveller
> is the primary exception,

Yes, as it should be...

> Star Wars and WH40K make up the vast majority of
> available science fiction roleplaying miniatures, and they are all
> 25mm or above. (Yes, I'm not fighting fair. 40K has only had an RPG
> out for about, what, two years, so very few of the 40K figures out
> there are for RPG use.)

No, you are speaking the truth. But both games are truly Science fantasy
at
best.

As much as I prefer 15mm for almost all of my gaming, I still want
> 25mm for RPGs.

See this is where we differ, I want 15mm for use with my RPGs, it is
much
easier taking figures to games that way.

> Besides, there are way more Wild West figure lines in
> 25mm than in 15mm, which you need to do the browncoated freighter crew
> type games justice.

Tell that to my collection of 15mm Wild West figures, I have a large
collection 400+ figures.... I went on a buying frenzy after Firefly.

--
Evyn