Prev: Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure Next: [GZG] Return of GZG West Coast Convention

Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure

From: Kenneth Coble <kmcoble@g...>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:01:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:38 PM, John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@gmail.com>
wrote:
[snipped good feedback!]

> There's a bit of a personal pet peeve about gamer-driven
> organizations.  They tend to think in terms of "what do I want to
call
> it" rather than "how do I envision using them".  Make your
> organizations (and future purchases) be driven by the doctrine, not
> the other way around.  You've got that advantage, use it.

This is a good point, and it's definitely a trap I sort of fell into
here.  In my original draft I'd written the question as 'what should I
call this/model this after' but felt like it was too clumsy so I cut
it out - but I'm still thinking along those lines, and I thank you for
helping point it out to me.  These guys are going to be for my 'Revolt
on Antares'-based campaign, and they're supposed to represent the
Rebel house who's goofy psi-power is basically superhuman morale.  So
based on that, and your feedback, I'll start thinking of them as being
a fairly aggressive force, with a bias towards offense and assault.
Based on that, and their unit list in the original RoA game, they've
got more PA infantry than tanks/armor; would another Mech Infantry
platoon -and perhaps either more PA to fold into those 2 platoons, or
maybe even enough of them too make one platoon pure PA - work well as
another manuever element?

My other option is based on the off-world mercs mentioned in the
original RoA game - rather than expanding this single army any further
at the moment, I could either add another tank platoon or a pure PA
mech infantry platoon as mercs, and still fit the background stuff...

Whichever way I go with this, thanks for the feedback on my current
organizations (it sounds like they're rational enough for the time
being), and much thanks again for pointing out another 'gamist' blind
spot in my organizational thinking!

Prev: Re: [GZG] Some questions about organizational structure Next: [GZG] Return of GZG West Coast Convention