Prev: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock.... Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters

Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:55:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock....

At 7:55 PM -0400 4/13/09, Tom B wrote:
>John,
>
>I think Wraith hyperdrive is actually considered more efficient than
human. The humans just tend to run more... (they do this when confronted
by Ha'taks too a lot of the time).

Is it? The Wraith seem to flit about and take a lot of pit stops. The
Humans can send Daedalus back and forth between galaxies which the
wraith cannot seem to do.

>Systems:
>
>Ancient/Alteran/Lantean Drones: I think these are best modelled as fast
attack or torpedo fighters. They can probably be destroyed by darts that
are screening a wraith cruiser, but they pretty much ignore screens and
do some serious damage. Of course, their has to be an attritional
component to the damage - sometimes a drone will fly into a wraith
hiveship and out again, other times that encounter destroys the drone
(hits something solid enough or something).

Good point. I was wondering how to model these. However they seem to
have a LOT of them on board. A typical carrier doesn't tend to have
nearly enough bays for the quantity of drones some things can launch.

-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stepping out the airlock.... Next: Re: [GZG] Mixed Role Fighters