Prev: Re: [GZG] Looking for Bruce Graw Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:02:47 +1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions

>Nice, but I have 1 question.
>
>     Why are ships now limited to only even Mass over 10?

I've always thought the free B1/PDS/armour grade you can get
by going from even to odd mass is a bit of a munchkinism. The
Fleet Book ships have even masses, so I regard this rule as
correcting a minor oversight in the original.

>And have Heavy Missile changed from Long/Med/Short range to standard
>and extreme range?  I do like that fact that yours a bit "safer" to
>fire at your enemy not dying on a 4+

"I will ask the question - two questions!"

As far as I'm concerned, yes :-) Heavy missiles seem to be
a gap in the rules that lots of people have tried to fill.

>Why can't the PDS guns be used against enemy ships?  we have been
>using something very similar for our games with your rule for ADFC..
>and it has worked well.

OK, in my opinion FT already has a dual purpose point
defence/anti ship weapon, the beam-1. PDS can't shoot
at ships for the same reason that interceptor fighters
can't.

(And if PDS can shoot at ships, then why don't screens
work against them? ...)

If you disagree, that's what the First Rule is for.

Thanks for the interest.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: [GZG] Looking for Bruce Graw Next: Re: [GZG] Full Thrust: Cross Dimensions