Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs

Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

From: Phillip Atcliffe <atcliffe@n...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 20:37:41 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars

Charles Lee wrote:

 > Done that fer a campaign here on the other side of the water. It was
mainly a carrier with missles and beam batteries with a healthy dose of
PDS's. The largest we could build was 1000 mass so that's what I built
it. It had movement of 4 and level 2 shields.<

Why the shields? From what little I know of neoBSG technology, defence
is armour, so why not simply use that?

To reply to the original question, various versions of the neoBase Star
that people on the SCN MB have put up or linked to tend to use FT
projectile weapons -- so K-guns, SML/SMRs, Submunition packs,
Scatterguns and MKP packs. Some designs use standard beams and PDSs as
well or instead of the Krak stuff.

Overall design philosophy seems to be vaguely FSE-ish, with a big
fighter complement and as much in the way of ship-to-ship armament as
can be crammed into the remaining space in the hull. But to make room
for the wepons and defences, hull strength tend to be on the low side.
The fine details -- thrust rating, how many of which types of weapon(s),

etc. -- varies widely according to the designers' ideas about the best
match to what has been seen on screen. It boils down to what each person

thinks best meets the armed carrier concept that is central to BSG
combat.

Phil

Prev: Re: [GZG] Cylon base stars Next: Re: [GZG] Kra'Vak Kitbashs