Prev: Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates Next: [GZG] [SG2] Opposed dice rolls statistics

Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

From: emu2020@c...
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:32:33 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [GZG] QUESTION Re: Walkers in 15mm

I have been reading the various responses to Jon's question it comes to
mind that what I want in ANY walker design is one that allows for
versatility, expansion and is still manageable as a model. Make the legs
too complicated, you have to fight to get the thing to stay up. Make
them too simple and you end up having a loss of flexibility.

I would tend to go with the option of leg sets in various poses. The
modelers can always mod these and later releases could expand these.
With these sets you'd have - walking, running, standing, and maybe
braced. This would allow for most any needed battlefield pose for a
semi-humanoid walker. If you get more humanoid, the desire for more
dynamic poses will come up.

I do not like the idea of multi-part legs as these are fiddly and hard
to get to pair of right. Similarly, seperate legs are also problematic
as you still have to glue them in the right way to get a biped to look
right ( a little more forgiveness in the multi-legged walkers), but they
are manageable.

As for the size of bipedal walkers. My primary preference is for the
smaller Class 1-2 sorts but I would never say that anything bigger would
be a bad thing. I have my favorites, but I'm all for the growth of the
range in every direction because I know just as I might have tastes that
differ from others, so are their bound to be tastes other than my own.

Really when it comes down to it, I have faith that Jon will produce a
quality product. I just hope that eventually he'll produce one of my
"dream" products.

-Eli

Prev: Re: [GZG] Bears, scaring Jon and UK con dates Next: [GZG] [SG2] Opposed dice rolls statistics