Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...? Next: Re: [GZG] UN Recruiting Video

[GZG] Tech Levels

From: Bobby <hansuke@g...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:49:37 -0600
Subject: [GZG] Tech Levels

wrote:

> Let's just assume for this example that a fireteam's base firepower
> (by weapons tech only, before modifying for troop quality) is 1 for
> PRIMITIVE weapons, 2 for BASIC and so on up to 5 for ADVANCED.  This
> is for a team armed with individual weapons ("rifles") only.

> Primitive (bolt-action rifles)			     Base FP = 1
> Basic (semi-auto rifles and early automatic rifles)
Base FP
= 2
> Enhanced (improved automatic rifles)			     Base FP = 3
> Superior (gauss and energy weapons)			     Base FP = 4
> Advanced (very-high-tech energy weapons)	     Base FP = 5

Maybe we should not think in terms of a specific tech level assigned to
FP. Perhaps we could use more of a sliding scale where the only the tech
level (TL) of the particpants is scored against each other.

For example:

Say the game system assigns tech levels from 1(stone age) to 20 (super
duper
high energy users), and a TL 5 group come in contact with a TL8 group
for
some reason. Could we then assign group one into the 2 category and then
assign group 2 into the 5 category?

Prev: Re: [GZG] QUESTION: are SAWs becoming less significant...? Next: Re: [GZG] UN Recruiting Video