Prev: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives' Next: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:31:58 +1100 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] New to the list, and 2 questions: lift/jump infantry rules, and 15mm alien 'natives'

think there are some simple amendments to movement restrictions and
movment orders that could be given to jump troops.

Jump troops could primarily move like infantry and use their jump gear
to navigate any linear obstacles like rivers. They could then react to
enemy fire like normal infantry but would not be slowed down by the
terrain feature.

Jump infantry could make an elevated march move " a bounce" leaping over
terrain features to get to a location at speed at the expense of
increased vulnerability. Any waiting enemy can draw LOS to a point of
the move and fire as a reaction. Would be similar to an infantry unit
running between two bits of cover, any faster speed of movement could be
offset against the predictable balistic path of the jump move.

Jump infantry can also deploy from airbourne APCs either with the APC
hovering like a helecopter or using the grav belt like a parachute with
or without wings to assist in gliding.

Jump infantry might also be able to embark on an airbourne APC.

I don't like the idea of jump troops being able to fly around like
Superman. I think they should be a choice over leg infantry with
advantages and disadvantages.

Tech levels seem to even out with weapons and armour developing in
competition and if everyone is wearing battle dress powered armour then
weapons are high energy or micro missiles that defeat the armour with a
direct hit.