Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Legibility of fonts. Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality

[GZG] [FMAS]: WW2 Weapons

From: Damo <damosan@g...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 20:49:32 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [FMAS]: WW2 Weapons

I'm going to run a small FMAS WW2 game at ECC this year and I'm
tinkering around with weapon values.

I had planned to stat the German 98k identically to the Garand (12"
bands with d10/d8/d6 fp).  Would that offend the purist out there who
would expect a bolt action to have a lower FP?	Probably.  I could
stat out the Kar98k as d8/d6/d4 but I feel that's a bit drastic.

The Germans will have their ubiquitous MG-34/42 with a wondrously
high FP so it may balance out in the end (playtest time!).

Then there is the Thompson vs. MP-40.  The Thompson had a higher ROF
and a larger round so FP should be a bit higher.  I was going to use
6" bands with d10/d6/d4 for both.

Comments?

I'm adding a few things to FMAS this year: hit locations, mods based
on damaged locations (have a wound to the leg and the model moves
slower and a wounded arm will drop the weapons FP by one class,
etc.), rolling snake-eyes = time to reload...

Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OT] Legibility of fonts. Next: Re: [GZG] Small arms tech and troop quality