Prev: Re: [GZG] Various and sundry RE: Next: [GZG] Original BSG artwork

[GZG] [OFFICIAL] UK VAT changes.....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:29:54 +0000
Subject: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] UK VAT changes.....

Temporary UK VAT reduction from 17.5% to 15%:

As most of you will be aware unless you've been hiding under a rock
for the last couple of weeks, our esteemed Government has decided to
reduce UK VAT to 15% for a limited period; this move is (supposedly)
to help UK businesses in these difficult times. Some businesses will
choose to pass this small saving on to the customer in the hope of
increased sales, while others will keep their prices the same and use
the tiny bit of extra profit to help pay the bills. We have thought
long and hard about what we should do about it, and in the end have
decided on this: for DECEMBER ONLY, we are going to apply the change
as a saving to all UK and European (EU) customers in the form of a 2%
price reduction, by multiplying the total cost of all relevant orders
by 0.98; we will NOT be showing this change in the individual item
prices on the webstore, but will make the adjustment when charging
the order. US and other non-EU orders will remain the same as they
were before, because we will still be charging you the ex-VAT price
and taking off the little bit extra, which will have the same end
result as the deduction of the old VAT rate. Then, at the start of
January 2009, we will apply a 2% price increase to all items which
will effectively return all UK/EU prices to their old levels, and
mean a 2% price increase on non-EU orders (because we will now be
deducting less VAT). This all sounds horribly complicated, but the
bottom line is that wherever you are in the world, if you buy in
December you will save 2% compared with orders placed in January and
after.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [GZG] Various and sundry RE: Next: [GZG] Original BSG artwork