Prev: Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle

From: "Bill Brush" <bbrush@g...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:33:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
wrote:
> At 9:11 AM -0500 10/13/08, Bill Brush wrote:
>

> Looks like they're still testing. the weak points aren't the vehicles,
but the fact that the command point has a wireless link. As long as the
transmission and crypto are secure you're good, as soon as that goes
down, you have a problem. The bigger issue is that your command post,
even if mobile, is still an emitter.

> Some independent operational functions by the UCTV would be useful.

That was my thought also, but AFAIK it hasn't been a real issue with
the Predator drones.  Or has it?

Bill

Prev: Re: [GZG] Unmanned tracked combat vehicle Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17