Prev: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not? Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

From: Chris Ronnfeldt <zephyr2112@y...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?

--- On Sat, 9/27/08, Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
> If a mini (say, a vehicle or starship) is described as
> belonging to a
> specific power or faction in a specific game system, is
> that going to
> make you any less likely to use it with a different force
> or in a
> different game system than if that same mini was described
> in very
> generic terms?

When playing within the background that the mini is intended for, I
would be unlikely to use it for a different force. I probably won't plop
a Klingon ship down and call it a Federation ship.

On the other hand, when I am playing a homebrew background (which is
more than 90% of the time), I will use whatever I think looks good
without concern for what the manufacturer says it is.

Prev: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not? Next: Re: [GZG] Question: What's in a name - WYSIWYG or not?