Prev: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@g...>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:46:27 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?

On Thu, September 18, 2008 22:23, Ernest Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On Sep 18, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>>    a) Ask Jon T. whether this is allowable under the terms of the
>>> publicly released rules
>>
>> Provided this is not for any kind of commercial purpose, I don't have
>> a problem with it as long as all relevant copyrights and credits are
>> quoted.
>>
>> Jon (GZG)
>
> Awesome! Yes, it would be strictly non-commercial, probably under open
> source and open content licenses.

Technically, if it has a non-commercial restriction then it can't
be open source.

(you may put it to non-commercial use, but an open source license
says "anyone can take this and use/modify/sell it", so you wouldn't
be able to stop someone else doing a commercial site, which would
be against Jon's wishes).

You'd have to use something like an CC-NC license, which isn't
considered truly open source, or make sure the code (open source)
and content (non-commercial) is kept distinct and separate.

--
Be seeing you,		  http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.			  xmpp:sam@glendale.org.uk

Prev: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Can Haz Full Thrust Game Server?