Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 21:52:45 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Tom B wrote:

> 4. I'd love to help out Mike by making a 'how to drybrush video' or
> picture series. If anyone wishes to do up some pics of a stage by
> stage, I can put them into a nice article with attribution on
> stargrunt.ca. I'm just overloaded at work (working through the
> weekend) or I'd break out a mini and try to illustrate the technique.

Well, I'll give you some pictures anyway.   The weather here in Colorado
has gone chilly early so I had to run out and primer coat some of the
practice minis in a hurry today.   I'll get pictures of the primer
coated
minis before I start.  I'll also get pictures of one of the other
unprimered
minis.

Considering that I only have the following colors: White, black, light
grey, neutral grey, dark grey, What kind of color scheme will look not
stupid on a kinda ork and kinda night?

> 5. Keep the painting and modeling tips coming.

Please.

> 6. GW does a book on making wargames terrain - it covers some painting
> topics and is a great way to make either fancy terrain or simpler,
> cheaper stuff. The 'green kitchen sponge' hedgerows are awesome and
> cheap, for one example. They even look good with a bit of (dare I say
> it) drybrushing with a lighter green to finish them off. Buy the book
> - you won't be disappointed -> GWers build nice looking scenics and
> the advice is very generic.

Considering that I rescued several cubic feet of GeoHex terrain from
Ebay
a couple of years ago I'm not in the market.  ;-)

Now if we could get some movement on FMA so I can convert disgruntled GW
players to GZG products...  >-)

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIYkCz-Dco&feature=related
> Excellent technique video for drybrushing\

I did check that out that video but not knowing the end doesn't help.
Is drybrushing a technique that anyone can do or is it only for the
steady handed painter?	 I just don't have great fine motor skills...

Having Andy's pictures to work towards makes me feel *SO* much better.
I don't feel like I've ruined the GZG ships.  That resin ship...
I don't know.  I'm going to put some black wash into the recesses and
see
how it looks then.

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...