Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: "Tom B" <kaladorn@g...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 11:27:04 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

1. Flak Magnet: If I haven't duly attributed the source on my
stargrunt.ca page, please let me know. I like to give credit where
credit is due.

2. Thanks for the info on white metal melting temps

3. I'll post the easy-bake method sometime soon on stargrunt.ca. I do
have a few questions:
any impact on paint lifespan?
any impact on paint colour?
any info on how different paint types behave - oil based, water based,
enamels, any inks or clearcoats?

4. I'd love to help out Mike by making a 'how to drybrush video' or
picture series. If anyone wishes to do up some pics of a stage by
stage, I can put them into a nice article with attribution on
stargrunt.ca. I'm just overloaded at work (working through the
weekend) or I'd break out a mini and try to illustrate the technique.

5. Keep the painting and modeling tips coming.

6. GW does a book on making wargames terrain - it covers some painting
topics and is a great way to make either fancy terrain or simpler,
cheaper stuff. The 'green kitchen sponge' hedgerows are awesome and
cheap, for one example. They even look good with a bit of (dare I say
it) drybrushing with a lighter green to finish them off. Buy the book
- you won't be disappointed -> GWers build nice looking scenics and
the advice is very generic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcIYkCz-Dco&feature=related
Excellent technique video for drybrushing\

--
"Now, I go to spread happiness to the rest of the station. It is a
terrible responsibility but I have learned to live with it."

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

 Thomas Paine

Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...