Prev: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus... Next: [GZG] seeking metal flight stands

Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:01:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Question for the painting gurus...

When painting gurus, I usually find that if I start with a base of...
What?
Really? Oh, of course!

Actually, I don't paint, don't ask me. However, while I've tried
bringing
distilled water down to the shop to see if the local mob of brush
wielders
could tell the difference. I was never able to sneak a dip pail (cut off
plastic bottle) full on them, so I probably won't ever know. I'm lucky
they
don't try their own gray water project. By the end of the day, some of
brush rinse is a bit thick for a wash...

I have noticed some new (artificial?) sponges seem to imbue an oily
residue
to water; that might separate colors.

Also, can't pigments settle at different speeds if you lay the paint too
thick?

The_Beast