Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Campaign battles scoring [SEC=PERSONAL]

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:49:00 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

think it is touched on a bit in “Infinity”. They have hackers in
that game, though I haven’t done a detailed reading on what they do.
Information warfare is cool in stories or TV drama, but hard to manage
on the battlefield. In a lot of ways, it comes down to something like
magic spells.

Player One – I have a Class 3 Hacker trying to manipulate you
targeting network.

Player Two – Alright. I’ve got Class 4 countermeasures. Roll to try
and beat my firewall and get past my defense programs.

Player One – Alright, I got by. I now control your artillery and aim
you battery at your tanks.

This is very similar to…

Player One – I cast Charm Monster on your ogre.

Player Two – Alright, my mage attempts to dispel.

Player One- You failed your dispel, alright, your Ogre barrels into your
cavalry.

-Eli

Information warfare isn't something that many wargames seem to cover.
It's completely left out of the GW scifi games and I am not sure of a
game which really covers it.

Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Campaign battles scoring [SEC=PERSONAL]