Prev: Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is thenew 6? Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: John Tailby <john_tailby@x...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:46:50 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

hard Morgan posed exactly this situation in his book Woken Furies. The
machine based warmachines all have self repair facilities on board and
either use energy weapons or can make their own munitions through some
kind of Nano machine factories.
There are also caniballisers / repairer machines that can convert any
kind of usable material into more warmachine materials.
In the story the left over warmachines rendered an island continent
uninhabitable for 300 years.
With so many systems on warmachines becomming computrised and then
linked to the command net a whole new level of information warfare takes
over. Can I subvert your computerised warmachine either by downloading a
virus or simply by altering orders or target parameters?
Information warfare isn't something that many wargames seem to cover.
It's completely left out of the GW scifi games and I am not sure of a
game which really covers it.