Prev: Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is the new 6? Next: Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is thenew 6?

Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

From: "Bill Brush" <bbrush@g...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:52:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Changing topics again (FoW) Was: Re: FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:55 AM, Indy <indy.kochte@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I'd personally say *try* FoW at some point before writing it off
> wholesale. You *might* be surprised. Or you may decide you were right,
> depending on the attitude you take to the game. <shrug> Again, YMMV,
but you
> should at leave give a game system a fair shake before chucking it
away.

I'm sure it's a fine game.  If it wasn't it wouldn't be doing as well
as it is.  I don't think it is going to be the one that lures me out
of my semi-retirement from tabletop gaming for reasons that have
nothing to do with whether or not it is a good historical system.

All game related items aside it has almost no attraction to me because
of the cost (significant when you're a single-income, married father
of two [yes it is possible even in this day and age]);	the time
investment required (many hours to paint, and more hours to actually
arrange to the game); and finally the scale (I prefer a smaller scale
for armor battles since it at least creates the potential for
maneuver).

It is an unfortunate truth that minis just don't work for me as a
hobby right now.  Maybe some day that will change.

Bill