Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: Adrian1 <al.ll@t...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:38:37 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

It's possible to go the other way.

Look at the various game system attempts at making "expendable troops".

Rifts turn out "dogboys" - dogs genetically upgraded in intelligence and

humanoid body but the genetics that made them pack animals was left in
making them consider humans their natural alpha leaders.  This always
made a certain degree of sense since its easier to use whats there than
add it.

Kryomek uses cyclo's, penal troops dosed up with combat drugs, etc.  Not

exactly elites but still effective and numerous.

Star wars used droids

The list goes on but the point is that none of these soldiers would ever

be in a position to affect the society they serve since society most
likely doens't care what happens to them.

emu2020@comcast.net wrote:
> I found it very odd in the prequels that even Obi Wan seemed to buy
> into the disposable trooper idea. That seemed very un-Jedi to me. He
> makes a couple of remarks to Annikan about not helping clones who are
> in trouble because they are doing their job. I read this as don't
> waste your time, they are supposed to die.
>
> -Eli

28/07/2008 06:55

Prev: Re: [GZG] Troop potential Next: Re: [GZG] FT Light: 5 is the new 6?