Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

Re: [GZG] Troop potential

From: "KH.Ranitzsch@t..." <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:56:27 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] Troop potential

-----Original Message-----
> From: John Tailby <john_tailby@xtra.co.nz>

This is only an issue where 'unemployed gang members' are a problem in
the first place and where they have easy access to military type
weapons.

I don't think military-trained criminal gangs have ever been a serious
problem in the European countries that have a draft, nor in the US at
the time when they had conscription.

A highly unusual exception happened a few years ago when Hell's Angels
in Sweden (or was it Denmark ?) fought their turf wars with Bazookas

Plus, in modern forces, most recruits don't learn that much about
tactics that are useful in gang warfare. Maintaining a tank engine in a
ghetto war ?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Troop potential