Prev: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge Next: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining, - Geo knowledge

Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:59:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] Grossly Off-topic ANZAC Whining

Perhaps it should be noted, that I suspect that
John is railing, not against the quality and
fortitude of the Commonwealth soldiers he's
talking about, rather that the policies of those
governments have cut their spending and numbers
to the bare minimum. Canada got so bad that they
had 15 tanks spread among 3 bases across Canada
for a time. That's total in the entire "Canadian
Forces". One of my friends bitches up a storm
when that period's force 'design' comes up along
with the government responsible for the changes.
The same goes for the Australians I know.

Frankly, I find the policies of those past
governments and their continued paltry
contributions to be far below what those two
countries provided in years past. Hod does it go?
"Canada fed the UK through it's darkest hours,
it's chromium armed and armoured the allies, it
had the second largest Airforce in WWII, the
third largest Navy. Canada used to have an
aircraft carrier, now they have the CBC, I think
we lost something somewhere."

Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)