Prev: [GZG] Tasteful jokes Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO and other deployed TROOPS! Next: [GZG] Historicon '08

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO and other deployed TROOPS!

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:36:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO and other deployed TROOPS!

Jon (GZG) wrote on 07/25/2008 02:31:34 AM:

Mike wrote:

> >Awesome!
> >
> >>  The proprietor's (that's me!) decision as to the allocation of the
> >>  free sets will be final and no correspondence will be entered
into.

> >Um, Jon?  Paint, brushes, stands, etc?
> >
> >Can the rest of us get in on this?  I'd paypal you $10 in a heartbeat
> >toward the cost of the extras.
> >
> >Mike
>

> Hey Mike,
>
> Thanks for the offer! While it's hugely appreciated, I don't have too
> much time to deal with all this as I also have to keep the business
> running (!), so I don't want it to snowball TOO much; however, I've
> already had a couple of requests like this and if a few folks want to
> chip in a bit I can always use that to add a few extra items into
> some or all of the packages. The great thing about getting a couple
> of the FT intro fleets is that you don't really need to paint them,
> and all the stands are included anyway, so it's almost a
> ready-to-play game; I've managed to get my major dice supplier to
> chip in some free D6, so I can put a handful in each box too.

To Jon:

Continuing to prove another point: No good deed goes unpunished. ;->=

To the list:

Unlike groppo figures, unpainted ships are almost table-acceptable.
Still...

After making the point about how the painting could be very beneficial,
got to thinking that, in the situation, what may be really needed is not
just painting kit, but A PAINTING KIT, similar to what the watercolor
crowd
has.

Small box with clip lid holding lidded brush rinse pail and wipe
cloth(?),
palette, simple set of colors in small dropper bottles, and a small
variety
of short, usable brushes would seem to be the ticket.

Does any company make this? Has anybody made this for yourself? Any
suggestions on how to do it ourselves? I definitely wasn't expecting Jon
pull the full load, though he seems to have gone a bit in that
direction...

> If anyone wants to make a contribution to the project, they can do so
> via Paypal to me at <jon@gzg.com> - or if you're not concerned about
> making your contribution gamer-specific, of course there are a lot of
> support-the-troops charity websites around who'd be very happy to
> take your donations.

More to the point, MINIATURE gamer-specific...

As I said, I tried myself in the past, and if at first you don't
succeed...>

Jon, I'll see if I can't get a contribution sent sufficient to add a
pack
to send out, rather than adding to the packs you're already planning. I
suspect there may be a fairly large response to this, so my adding a
pack
probably would not be amiss. Maybe adding just a bit to your work
load... ;->=

The_Beast (who just can't seem to stop using and abusing ellipses...)