Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS! Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

From: VinsFullThrust@a...
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:47:08 EDT
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG: FREEBIE OFFER FOR BFPO/APO TROOPS!

n I was deployed, each short time leave we got, which was far and few
between, a good number of us use to play the Babylon 5 miniature games
using
fleet action rules. A few of us also played FT in A-stan when I was
there as
well. My wife would send us new miniatures, small things, nothing big
because of
weight shipping.  It takes thoughts off the mind of duty when on down
time,
which is much needed. To much time to think about what you did and what
your
about to do again.

Now I have a question for Jon D. There are some men who do not stay at a

particular location, always moving about, never actually stationed at a
single
duty post for more then a couple weeks. I was such. How would we go
about
submitting there info?

V.

In a message dated 7/24/2008 3:10:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dmaddox1@hot.rr.com writes:

I can  honestly say though I have NEVER once seen miniature or strategic

games  played though ... namely I think do to the fragility of
miniatures
and  lack of time to invest ... not to say it doesn't happen though;
just
that  I haven't seen it.

I never did miniatures overseas myself, mostly due  to time constraints.
Stateside was a different story entirely but, then  again being married
I was in a house off post or in government quarters, so  had the space.

I did find some miniature gaming mostly among the  officer class for
tactical stuff, and RPGs and Warhammer with the  junior  NCOs
and enlisted. There were exceptions of course (I was  one)but that's
what I encountered for the most  part.

Don

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.