Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:42:07 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM, Robert Mayberry
<robert.mayberry@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I realize it sounds strange. What I'm getting at is, is there a
> fundamental physical difference between a mine and an IED? I mean

Yeah.  Mines are gnerally a hell of a lot better designed.  And they
work every time, if they are armed correctly.

> other than the fact that you only have a couple IEDs in a spot at any
> given time vs a minefield. I wouldn't have thought that there was, but
> from the discussion on the list and the proposed mechanics, it sounds
> like there is a huge difference. Otherwise you could just say that an
> IED is a one-shot minefield.

You will notice that the only person on the list who has ever been
attacked with an IED, or whose job ever involved looking for IEDs, or
whose current job involves teaching classes about IEDs, IED
components, IED tactics, and counter-IED tactics, is very carefully
keeping my big mouth shut on the subject, and restricting my
commentary to information that could be located on open sources if
people cared to do some research before engaging in wild speculation.

John
and again. We're looking for thousands of Persians."
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS