Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@g...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:17:44 +0300
Subject: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS

On 7/14/08, Tom B <kaladorn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm guessing an IED (typical) might be D12 impact vs. armour. Hits are
> probably automatic for command detonated ones (wire connection).

No, they aren't.  I wouldn't be alive today if they were.

> to score non-penetrating suspension hits (aka M-kills). I'm not sure
what a
> fair % might be - John, Oerjan, anyone?

Detailed information about IED effects on US vehicles is generally
S/REL AUS, GB.	Anyone who knows, can't talk about it.	Anyone who
talks about it, knows anecdotal data or nothing at all but what he's
seen on the news (ie, anecdotal data).

John M. Atkinson
SSG, USA
Counter-IED Trainer, Task Force Troy
--Vita Aureliani

Prev: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS Next: Re: [GZG] Armoured utility vehicles and IEDs in SG/DS