Prev: Re: [GZG] 2300 AD Models Next: Re: [GZG] theoretical rules schedule? (was Re: And now for something completely different...)

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: Ken Hall <khall39@y...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

ing up TOEs is half the fun of SF gaming. ;-) Of course, once you've got
your establishment, you can always rationalize away insufficient
quantities. How long was a formation of practically any era up to its
paper establishment, if ever, once in the field? Five minutes? (Okay, I
exaggerate. A little.)

  Things go sproing (to quote the great Australian naval gamer Mal
Wright) with depressing speed and regularity. In my WWII micro-armor
games, it's a rare day indeed to see a battalion of _anything_ show up
with everything the TOE says it's supposed to have--even if I do have
all the miniatures.

  Best,
  Ken

Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
    At 12:25 PM -0400 7/11/08, John Lerchey wrote:
>This is actually pretty interesting stuff to me. :)
>
>So far, my human forces all have 4 tank platoons. Not for any really
good reason - they just felt right. Now I understand a little better why
that is. I have some in 3 tank platoons, but on the assumption that the
number of platoons per company would not differ, but that the one tank
type I'm using is not in good supply, and thus, they run with short
platoons. Not ideal - just what they have to work with. :)

>Some of my aliens are in 3 tank platoons, but mostly cause they look
neat in little Vs heading across the table.

  (additional interesting content snipped)