Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:47:07 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

At 12:02 PM -0400 7/11/08, Tom B wrote:
>When I meant 'fill the role of', I didn't mean the battle-taxi job. My
>experience in SG2 is that once an APC is on the board, it should be
>empty or you are just asking for a troop BBQ. So the role they really
>fulfill is fire support. The Scout Cars may be fine for that - they
>can provide heavy weapons fire to support infantry manouver.

Did you see the Israeli method of getting their breaching and entry
teams up on the Palistinian Authority compound? Heavy APCs with doors in
the FRONT!

Suppress the enemy infantry. Move the APC up close to the building,
infantry deploy there where they're not easily attacked with the APCs
for cover and place their demo, take cover, demo and then enter. Having
some breaching mechanism on the APC's themselves OR on a support vehicle
would make it even smoother (which they may have done, I'm only
extrapolating from the sparse reports I heard).
-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -