Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 54

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:36:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

> Not really, but it seemed like a good title considering how focused
the
> list has been on certain topics...
>
> My question is more to the hobby aspect of GZG gaming. I have been
skirting
> around building forces in 15mm and seem to have done a lot of adhoc
> purchases that form nothing in particular. What strategies have folks
used
> in assembling forces and keeping on track.

I have forces in 6mm and 15mm that I've been collecting. *Ideally* I'd
have
identical forces (composition and vehicles) in both scales, but alas,
most
manufacturers don't make their vehicles in both. :-(   Not even GZG,
though
they do some and are slowly expanding. :-)   There are still some others
GZG
doesn't yet make in 15mm they do in 6 that I want.

I've been *trying* to put together comprehensive forces for DS2/DS3 and
SG:AC-type games. In 6mm scale this is easy. Vehicles are relatively
inexpensive. In 15mm, not so easy. I can only spend a bit at a time.
I've
dabbled in getting vehicles from different companies (esp when GZG
wasn't
making many 15mm models), but with the sole exception of Brigade [from
the
companies I sampled], all of them have either gone under or reduced what
they were selling or cut the ranges. :-(   DLD, ForceXXI, etc. I have
partial company forces from each, and would like to finish fleshing them
out. But alas...

So, so far my largest # of 15mm vehicles are GZG and Brigade (and
happily,
many of Brigades 15s are also in 6, but not all of their 6s are in 15 -
but
I have hope :-) )

I've looked at Combat Wombat and Old Crow, but haven't committed to
purchasing anything from either as of yet. I'll probably try CW first,
mainly because the dollar is so darn weak in the UK. :-(  I *might* have
fighting chance at putting together an entire company (if I focus, that
is
;-) ).

I am hopeful and ready(ish) for SG:AC to start really getting developed
on
the vehicle front. :-)	I have another 15mm order from GZG that should
be
winging its way to my door any time now. :-D

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 54