Prev: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different... Next: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:51:03 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] And now for something completely different...

At 5:48 PM +0000 7/10/08, emu2020@comcast.net wrote:
>Not really, but it seemed like a good title considering how focused the
list has been on certain topics...

>My question is more to the hobby aspect of GZG gaming. I have been
skirting around building forces in 15mm and seem to have done a lot of
adhoc purchases that form nothing in particular. What strategies have
folks used in assembling forces and keeping on track.

>So far I have the following -
>
>3 hover scout cars
>3 light hover tanks
>3 combat walkers
>2-3 platoons of mid-tech infantry (AR, RPG, SAW)
>
>I have more possible additions but these are what I have ready to play
of my own sci-fi forces. I've mostly been playing with others minis up
until now.

What's your final strength going to be? Why odd numbers? With scout
cars, 2 by 2 is the best number for patrols because you want one unit to
watch a road while the other pair patrol down the main road. One leads,
one hangs back.

Since SG is very low unit counts, I'd throw some trucks in for use as
objectives or convoy vehicles.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		       -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		     One CNN Center SE0813 E   -
- Internet Technologies   --	     Data Center Operations    -
- Hours 9:30am - 5:30pm Mon - Fri     (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)    -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	   ( Suwanee and Manassas DCs) -
- Office: 404-588-6191		    e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com  -